The objective is to be best in class in all aspects of the supply chain. Our goal is to focus on the transportation process from long-range strategies, process re-engineering, and operational planning to day-to-day execution.
Best in class procurement combines strategy, execution, and automation to assist companies to realize value in the form of cost savings, process improvement, knowledge transfer, and systems implementation.
The TBL Transportation RFI/RFP process follows a deliberate approach of data analysis, defining baselines, researching carrier options, developing RFP templates, inviting relevant carriers to bid, responding to questions, analyzing bid responses, comparing bids to baseline figures, and making recommendations.
- TBL takes the complexity out of the LTL procurement process. When developing a carrier RFP for shipping LTL there are many important distinctions that will have an impact on the results. TBL recognizes and considers the importance of baserate selection, class and density, service and transit time, rules tariffs, fuel surcharges, special services, EDI capability and much more.
- Flexibility best describes an effective truckload process and the key is having a strategy that can adapt to the current market conditions. As the supply and demand curves shift, are you ready?
- TBL provides the resources and technology needed to stay ahead of the truckload market. Complete bid management process to handle large and specialty RFPs, spot quote capabilities for smaller truckload shippers, and the ability to develop capacity commitments and contingency plans.
- TBL understands the importance of the tradeoff between cost, service, and risk. Our goal is to provide shippers with the necessary information and alternatives that enable them to make strategic decisions.
- Our experience and volume with intermodal rail providers give you the best rates, container availability, and system capacity. Make TBL part of your transportation mix and you will see the advantages in both cost and additional capacity.
- Parcel contracting, rate negotiation, and selection is extremely complex. The agreements you sign contain commitment levels, incentives, discounts, and fees in addition to a host of other terms that many people do not understand. The most important question: Are you truly helping or hurting your bottom line?
- TBL understands the Parcel industry and will tailor an agreement that fits your company’s needs and requirements while minimizing your cost and risk exposure.